commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <mailing-li...@rblasch.org>
Subject Re: [convert] Type Conversion Library
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:58:50 GMT
Wednesday, November 10, 2004, 8:15:51 PM, Kris Nuttycombe wrote:
> I'm certainly interested in type conversion problems. Are you working
> with the existing commons-convert project in the sandbox?

No, it's something different that currently just lives on my hard
disk.  The code is somewhat messy, and may be of little use for
others right now.  But I'm about to start working on the
documentation.

The approach is nothing really fancy.  It contains a simple type
system, to model primitives, classes and parametric types, a graph to
"draw" the conversions and a lookup (currently Dijkstra's shortest
path algorithm) to find a conversion path.

Once I've got the basic documentation in place I'll put it up
somewhere, and gladly drop you a note.

Ron