commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/jelly project.xml
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:12:55 GMT
On 22 Nov 2004, at 05:38, Dion Gillard wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:00:47 +0800, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> Is there any reason not to modify the inheritence to remove the
>> entity?
>
> Just the history of inheritance not quite working.

since the commons moved to maven for documentation (and many build),
there's been quite a history of pain associated with getting the
inheritance to work as we'd like.

i think i was probably one of the initiators of the entity based
approach as a way round the problems but i've always thought that
inheritance was more elegant.

brett: if you're around and you think that it should be possible to get
the inheritance based approach to work now then maybe we could start
looking at moving the commons in general back onto it.

(my other pet maven peeve is that every release i have to fiddle around
for ages trying to get commit history related stuff to work correctly
with an ssh agent.)

- robert