commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote Email to Commons Proper
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:23:40 GMT

On 15 Nov 2004, at 21:48, Joe Germuska wrote:

>> i hate to do this to what is a good proposal but...
>>
>> isn't dumbster LGPL'd...?
>
> No.  It's GPL.  Which only makes it worse, right?

just as bad :)

however, what's worse is that the licensing seems pretty confused:
http://quintanasoft.com/dumbster/. darn :(

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dumbster
>
> Dang viral licenses.  And all the work that has been put into
> implementing Dumbster test cases!

since the source isn't effected (only the tests), one approach might be
to offshore the integration tests with an appropriate license.
alternatively, if this is a one-developer project then we could ask him
if he'd be willing to release the code under an alternative license.

- robert