commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] Code clean up of "return (value);"?
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 00:36:12 GMT
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:15:08 -0700 (PDT), David Graham
<grahamdavid1980@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This shows up in Struts quite a bit and I think Craig uses this
> convention.  I don't personally care for it because Java needs less syntax
> rather than more :-).

It's a personal preference of mine to clearly highlight "this is an
expression".  I wouldn't be bothered by seeing it go away from return
statements -- but I'm still going to put in "redundant" parentheses in
my "if" statements rather than relying on the priority of the various
operators :-).

> David

Craig