commons-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Scott <corey.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject [configuration] Doco clarification
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:48:32 GMT
Currently the doco (Configuration Factory Howto) suggests that you
should load resource from the classpath.  IMHO i think this is a great
idea, although I had some trouble implementing it.

It recommends to use:
URL configURL = getClass().getResource("/config.xml");

I could not get this to work until I changed it to:
URL configURL = getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("/config.xml");

I do know if this is correct or not, but I thought I would like you
know about it and so you could change the HowTo if necessary.

Thanks,
Corey