commons-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Scott <corey.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Validator inside of Email.java (RE: [email] Dumbster failing)
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:03:37 GMT
Matthias,

I definately agree with you, inputs (emails in this case) should be
validated before submission to a low level api such as [email].
However I added the validation just to make sure.  I guess you could
call it 'defensive' coding.  I am happy to remove this and numerous
other input checks that I have added to the email project if this is
the general consensus, however I will strongly recommend that it not
be removed. As saying goes "its better to be safe then sorry" right?

Regards,
Corey