commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <>
Subject Re: [chain] Configuration idea
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:27:45 GMT
At 10:31 AM -0400 10/21/04, Sean Schofield wrote:
>I had an idea about how we could improve the default configuration of
>commons-chain.  It would be nice if we could have the following
>   <chains>
>     <chain name="foobar.chain">
>       <command name="foo" className="Foo"/>
>       <command name="bar" className="Bar"/>
>     </chain>
>     <chain name="biz.chain">
>       <chain name="foobar.chain">
>       <command name="biz" className="Biz"/>
>     </chain>
>   </chains>

I think it's basically a good idea, although I'd want a different
attribute for references; reusing "name" with the same element and
different semantics would be pretty confusing.

How about "ref"?

     <chain name="biz.chain">
       <chain ref="foobar.chain">
       <command name="biz" className="Biz"/>

Joe Germuska
"In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn
back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
    - Carlos Santana