commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [email] test cases
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:24:24 GMT
Since I can't seem to apply a patch cleanly this week, sure, send it all in
one.

I have thought about the string compare approach, but often that can be very
brittle.  It's so easy for some environmental thing to happen and cause and
extra " " or whatnot to creep in, and then it fails.  Also, its a bunch more
external files to keep up to date.

However, w/ dumbster, we can manualy check stuff within the test.  If you
look at the EmailTest, I check the subject.

We could do something like assertTrue(getBody().indexOf("my message")>0) and
that would work.

Try the .eml, and lets see!

Eric