commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] Concerns with ConfigurationRuntimeException
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:57:28 GMT
Hi fellows,

Eric Pugh wrote on Thursday, October 21, 2004 4:30 PM:

> I think both arguments are valid.  It depends on your use
> case.

[snip]

> Could we have two interfaces?  Configuration and
> StrictConfiguration? StrictConfiguration would declare
> checked methods?

What about a monitor concept? Logging itself is useless, the application cannot react. Throwing
checked exceptions is annoying for the memory or file based configurations (i.e. nothing can
really fail after the file is read). Registering a listener for a Configuration, that supports
error events may solve these problems. Probably a logging listener should be provided by default.

Regards,
Jörg