commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: (JELLY-150) j:forEach tag not properly using varStatus attribute
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:57:19 GMT
As Hans said,

We don't want to introduce such a dependency in the core jelly.
It used to be a problem because it wasn't maven distributable... now it
looks like it actually is maven distributed (under the project-name
servletapi).
I'd like to have a kind of better confirmation than just seeing it in
the maven repository before comitting to such a jump. (the licenses in
the maven repo are... Apache license! I doubt this is from Sun).

Do note that, if you want to use it from jexl, it is probably
irrelevant wether it is actually of the given class or just implements
all the methods with same signature. So, before the immensely long time
someone of Sun actually claims the Apache license is correct, it might
be faster to just write an class with the same methods...

paul