commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Florey" <daniel.flo...@web.de>
Subject [xmlio] Naming
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:57:30 GMT
After doing the xmlio google thing I agree that this name is really used in
so many projects that it would be worth to find another one even if I like
it.
As 'xmlio' consists of two parts (importer / exporter) I would recommend
separating them into two tiny components in order to increase reusability.
My favourite name for the importer (sax augmentation) would be 'jazz'. As
you need a sax to play jazz... (Or is it 'just augmented super sax'??)
The exporter could be simply called XMLWriter as this is what it does.

Finally I'd like to say that I don't think Digester and xmlio are direct
competitors as they are very different: xmlio is a simple sax extension but
has nothing to do with mapping xml to java objects.
So I don't think we get trouble here.

Regards,
Daniel