commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject XML Im-/Ex-porter into Commons Sandbox
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:30:03 GMT
Folks,

on the request of Daniel Florey I'd like to create at least one new
sandbox component for a tool that allows easy import / export of XML
into / from Java. It is used by Jakarta Slide and in the components
Daniel introduced.

I know this is a bit delicate as there already is Digester around in
commons. However, the audience for my tool is different from
Digester's. XML Im-/Exporter is geared towards high performance use
for people who are very familiar with XML. It is just a little bit
more than pure SAX. It also has a different philosohie than Digester.

Having said that I hope not to cause any inconvenience with this...

Preparing this now  and cheers,

Oliver