commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Neuberg <>
Subject [feedparser] Autodiscovery Hall of Shame
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:29:11 GMT

As part of the
<>Jakarta Commons Feed
Parser, I
created a WikiWiki page
( that
details autodiscovery support/non-support, syndication formats, and the
common locations of all syndication files across all of the major blogging
    * AOL Journal
    * Blogger
    * Blosxom
    * DiaryLand
    * Expression Engine
    * Flickr
    * GreyMatter
    * iBlog
    * LiveJournal
    * Manila
    * Movable Type
    * PMachine
    * Radio Userland
    * Text America
    * Text Pattern
    * TypePad
    * WordPress
    * Xanga
    * Yahoo Groups
The hope is that services which do not support autodiscovery or which
support it incorrectly can be shamed into supporting it, while those that
are supporting it can be celebrated and revered as gods. Autodiscovery is
very easy for these services to support, so let's do it folks.

Brad Neuberg,
Senior Software Engineer, Rojo Networks

Check out Rojo, an RSS and Atom news aggregator that I work on.  Visit for more info. Feel free to ask me for an invite!

Rojo is Hiring!  If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking,
Java, Open Source, etc... then come work with us at Rojo.  If you recommend
someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!  See