commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Neuberg <b...@columbia.edu>
Subject [feedparser] What I'm Working on Today
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:55:35 GMT
Howdy.  I've mapped out today (Thursday) to hack on the feed parser here at
work, and just wanted to tell folks whats on my plate, rather than just
keep it as conversations between Kevin and I.  Here is what I would like to
achieve today:

   * Roll in unit tests for Flickr and Yahoo Groups into TestProbeLocator
   * Make Flickr support more robust (they support several different kinds
of feeds, such as for tags, groups, etc., some which support autodiscovery
correctly and some which don't)
   * Some of the unit tests won't run on Windows due to some file path
expansion issues; I am going to try to fix these
   * The autodiscovery code is a bit flaky, breaking when the attributes
are in the wrong order.  I want to fix this and improve the unit tests to
be test more variations.

There might also be some issues with Feedster and Topix support that I will
take a look at today and tommorrow.

Brad Neuberg, bkn3@columbia.edu
Senior Software Engineer, Rojo Networks
Weblog: http://www.codinginparadise.org

Check out Rojo, an RSS and Atom news aggregator that I work on.  Visit
http://rojo.com for more info. Feel free to ask me for an invite!

Rojo is Hiring!  If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking,
Java, Open Source, etc... then come work with us at Rojo.  If you recommend
someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!  See
http://www.rojonetworks.com/JobsAtRojo.html.