commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Reilly <timothyrei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [validator] bug id 30686
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 04:10:01 GMT
> Have you used the proposed patch for your projects?
No. I was evaluating validator or really just a handful of classes
from validator when I stumbled upon my basic test case failing.
Instead of just filing a bug I decided to track it down, and sent
patches too!

>  I can take some time
> this week to look at it.
Great. I know I sounded unconfident about the patch, actually its that
I'm not confident that with the addition of * its most efficient
regular expression. I know little to nothing about how regex engines
reduce the expressions and evaluate them. But I'm confident regarding
the addition of 'zero or more' clause from Martin's comments and also
looking at the spec Martin referenced. Also the thoroughness of the
test cases.

I'll integrate this class into my project (why not.) I'm still not
finding where the js counter-part for this lives?