commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Getting Brad Neuberg CVS commit
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:57:41 GMT
matthew.hawthorne wrote:

> Kevin A. Burton wrote:
>
>> Listen... I'm sorry if we're trying to move too fast. We're a startup
>> and on a very aggressive schedule. We're trying to get FeedParser to
>> 1.0 ASAP because its a critical portion of Rojo. Brad is a lead
>> developer and its becoming difficult to synchronize our work without
>> CVS commits. We're constantly having to coordinate our commits due to
>> CVS limitations. If we were using a more anarchic revision control
>> system like bitkeeper or arch this wouldn't be as much of a problem.
>

> I apologize in advance if I'm out of line, but has anyone considered
> if the jakarta-commons-sandbox is truly the best place for [feedparser]?
>
> Based on recent emails, it doesn't seem to be a good fit.

I've had a bit of discussion about this with Sam Ruby and other people
within Apache.  The FeedParser was too early to go though the incubator
and I just really wanted a solid place to make a lot of progress at the
time.

Anyway... opening this up might be a can of worms but it seems that the
FeedParser would have to go through the incubator to make it into a project.

Kevin

get a free iPod!