commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Re: [feedparser] What I'm Working on Today
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:07:15 GMT
Brad Neuberg wrote:

> Howdy. I've mapped out today (Thursday) to hack on the feed parser
> here at work, and just wanted to tell folks whats on my plate, rather
> than just keep it as conversations between Kevin and I. Here is what I
> would like to achieve today:
>
> * Roll in unit tests for Flickr and Yahoo Groups into TestProbeLocator

We really need to talk to Flickr about correctly implementing HTTP and
RSS/Atom autodiscovery. They've been very bad about this ...

> * Make Flickr support more robust (they support several different
> kinds of feeds, such as for tags, groups, etc., some which support
> autodiscovery correctly and some which don't)

I didnt' realize this when I did my first implementation.... thanks.

> * Some of the unit tests won't run on Windows due to some file path
> expansion issues; I am going to try to fix these

Yeah... my bad ;)

> * The autodiscovery code is a bit flaky, breaking when the attributes
> are in the wrong order. I want to fix this and improve the unit tests
> to be test more variations.

Could you come up with some unit tests for this? I think I came up with
some and it passed all attribute ordering passes but you might be right.

> There might also be some issues with Feedster and Topix support that I
> will take a look at today and tommorrow.

Topix is important. I asked Feedster to make their changes to their site
but they seem lazy :-/

Kevin

get a free iPod!