commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <sma...@lfjr.net>
Subject Re: [configuration] ConfigurationFactory & namespaces
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:44:47 GMT
I don't use ConfigurationFactory but it's definitely useful as a central
place to configure an application. I think we could even push the
concept a bit further, after all, the configuration descriptor read by
ConfigurationFactory *is* a configuration, it's even a file based
configuration that should be automatically reloaded when the file is
changed. So, what about the following ideas:

- remove the namespace handling

- make ConfigurationFactory implement FileConfiguration (it already has
the set/getBasePath() and setGetFileName() methods, load() is easy to
implement with the current code and there is no need to implement save()
since it's read only)

- add a <composite> element to load another composite configuration
descriptor

- not sure about this one, but ConfigurationFactory and
CompositeConfiguration could maybe be merged...

Emmanuel Bourg