commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [feedparser] Getting Brad Neuberg CVS commit
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:56:31 GMT
Hi Kevin, Brad

With only 10 emails on commons-dev and 0 on commons-user it will be
difficult to get a positive vote for you, Brad.
(you can always try, the community decides)

Like Henri said last month(1), activity in the community is important.
For a sandbox project this is difficult because there aren't many
developers/users and low email traffic. And with the two of you
working right next to each other, even more.

Brad, the other OSS projects you worked on are not very recent and not
active anymore. So our main source of info will be the apache mailing
lists. (any involvement is positive, ditto with involvement in other
apache components/projects, even if it is just answering questions)

My advice, try to promote feedparser, maybe get involved with other
projects and get their interest. Create a struts demo appl for
feedparser or anything to get a healthy user base for feedparser.
When feedparser has a user base and is mature enough for a 1.0 release
in commons proper then I'm sure you will get voted in.

Brad, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say and I hope you will
continue contributing to jakarta-commons.

Best Regards
Dirk

(1)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&w=2&r=1&s=commit+privs+for+feedparser&q=b