commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ima...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vfs] FileObject.getName().getPath() bug on windows
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:52:16 GMT
filipdef@cirquedigital.com wrote:

>It seems like FileObject.getName().getPath() incorrectly returns
>the path to the file without the drive letter on windows..
>
>E.g. for FileObject C:\temp\test.jpg I'm getting \temp\test.jpg
>iso C:\temp\test.jpg..

getPath() returns only the path _within the filesystem_.
If you need the full URI you have to use getName().getURI();
If you omit the scheme on resolvFile the default fileprovider will be
used (by default the local-file one) and therefore the scheme (file://)
will be added

For the given windows path this will return something like
file://c:/temp/test.jpg
file: is the scheme
c: the filesytem-identifier
and the rest is the path