commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kim van der Linde <...@kimvdlinde.com>
Subject Re: [math] Questions regarding probability distributions
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:07:16 GMT

Phil Steitz wrote:

> Good point. I am +0 for dropping ChiSquaredDistributionImpl, but -1 for
> exponential (because of efficiency).  Unless others object, I will make
> that change.  Thanks for pointing this out.

I do not mind HOW it is in the package, but I would argue against an
option where the user has to know which parameters need to be fed to an
more general underlying distribution, especially when it is a common
used one such as chi-square. Unless of course, you want to limit this
package to a hard core public only.

Cheers,

Kim
--