commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladw...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] [CfV] Commons Configuration Version 1.0
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:57:24 GMT
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
> [ ] +1 - Yes
> [ ]  0 - I don't care
> [ +1 ] -1 - No

I probably don't get a vote, but I would advise that there are still
some changes, for example, to the way that commons-configuration defines
exception handling before it is ready for prime-time.

As I stated in my previous emails, we should at least make it clear in
the Configuration interface or AbstractConfiguration class javadoc
exactly how implementers should handle exceptions that are thrown from
underlying frameworks, i.e. should they log errors, what values should
be returned from methods calls that fail?

Kind regards,
-- Ricardo Gladwell