commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <sma...@lfjr.net>
Subject Re: [configuration] JNDIConfiguration should close() its NamingEnumeration on exception
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:06:41 GMT
Jung, Eric wrote:

> With this in mind, I'd like to see NamingEnumerations wrapped in try/catch
> blocks with NamingEnumeration.close() called in the catch.
>
> Any thoughts? Thanks for listening.

Good point, however according to the javadoc calling close() is not
mandatory, it gives just a hint to the underlying implementation to free
the resources, but if it helps we can do it :) I checked in a fix to
close the NamingEnumerations in a finally block, let me know if it looks
good for you.

Emmanuel Bourg