commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] test cases
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:18:25 GMT
Testcase: testSetFrom2(org.apache.commons.mail.EmailTest):	FAILED
Should have thrown an exception
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should have thrown an exception
	at org.apache.commons.mail.EmailTest.testSetFrom2(EmailTest.java:420)

which is this piece of code

            MockEmailConcrete anotherEmail = new MockEmailConcrete();
            // set a dodgy encoding scheme
            anotherEmail.setCharset("bad.encoding??\n");
            // set a valid address but bad personal name
            anotherEmail.setFrom("me@home.com", "\t.bad.personal.name.??\n");
            fail("Should have thrown an exception");

The AddressException patches I submitted yesterday help it throw if
the name is snide. But I couldn't get it throwing
unsupportedcharseteception for the life of me.

Mark