commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] 1.1 tasks
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:31:02 GMT
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:49:59 +0100 (BST), Stephen Colebourne
<scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>  --- Martin Cooper <mfncooper@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 1) Change ant/maven to exclude finder directory
> > (for 1.1, stays in CVS until
> > > worked on)
> >
> > Do we have concensus that it won't be part of 1.1?
> My understanding was that it wasn't finished,
> therefore exculsion was the most appropriate solution.

I'm happy with this.  Reviewing the code, there's less to be finished
than I thought.

MaxDepth/MinDepth needs implementing.

Min and Max time options have an additional option of daystart, to
imply when the min and max times are from. This isn't implemented yet.

The Size option currently only does equality, and is in blocks of 512
bytes (copying find command, but no real reason to do this). It needs
to understand > and < and also to ditch the unix 512 byte thing. Also
needs to understand k, m and g as suffixes.

> > > 2) Check all method names and signatures in
> > FilenameUtils (and any other
> > > class whose first release it is)
> >
> > What are we checking for, exactly?
> What I mean by this is 'does the API make sense?',
> 'are the method names the best they could be?'. Its
> not about coding standards.
>
> I include this because on lang and io previous
> releases we have released and then evaluated methods
> for common sense - we should try to do a QA review
> before release.

Jeremais?

All I remember is that it was a mess. Will start digging into it again.

> > > 3) Decide on whether to merge WildcardUtils with
> > FilenameUtils
> >
> > How do we decide that? Why would we? Why would we
> > not?
>
> WildcardUtils is task focussed, so doesn't fit this
> classification, so I would argue for it to be rolled
> into FilenameUtils.

Provided Filename is complete, I'm happy with this.