commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <>
Subject RE: [lang] Code clean up of "return (value);"?
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 01:38:39 GMT
I agree with Craig WRT to non-return expressions (if, while) and I also
personally prefer being more explicit in if statements rather than
relying solely on operator priorities. This is why I am only commenting
on return statements.

In the case of return statements, I do not see any value in extra
parentheses. So, for [lang] I am pushing for their removal. I have
already done so for [codec] but I do not want to propose anything for
other projects as I am active only on [lang] and [codec].