commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: [math] Matrix subMatrix and mean methods
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:30:08 GMT

Thanks, Wolfgang.  This is a pretty easy case for us - as it sits today,
especially with this email note from Wolfgang (which should be included in
a NOTES file sitting near colt.jar when imported) it looks perfectly fine
to incorporate this into Apache, preserving CERN's copyright notice.
>From a policy perspective, we should commit to the repository not just the
.jar file but the source code as well.

Any patches that Apache developers need to make should be offered
upstream, of course, and then reincorporated into the ASF repository by
merging in a new version.  But if we need to locally modify the work,
then the copyright on the resulting derivative work would be (C) Apache
Software Foundation and the Apache 2.0 license, being careful not to
remove the original (C) CERN or license/notice.

 	Brian