commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: Digester and xmlio
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:37:34 GMT
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 22:26, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> Folks,
>
> after fruitful discussion with Simon, I think the core of Digster 2
> might be able to offer everything xmlio offers. My idea would be to
> keep xmlio in the sandbox for now and see if what Simon has for
> Digester 2 really serves everything we need as soon as it is out. If
> so we can drop xmlio. Of course I can offer help with the Digester 2
> core if this is applicable / wanted.
>
> Daniel, Simon, others, what do you think?

This sounds good to me. I will definitely have a go at merging the ideas
of xmlio into Digester; currently I think we can, without compromising
the design.

Note however that this only applies to the "xml reading" part of xmlio.
I don't know what the best thing to do with the "xml writing" part of
xmlio.

Cheers,

Simon