commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Do we need to support Ant based builds?
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:43:43 GMT
ISTR (but could be wrong) that a Gump instance can be configured to
use particular versions of particular packages, instead of building
"latest and greatest" every time.  If so, it might be feasible to
simulate what I try to do, which is always base the nightly commons
builds on the latest released versions of its dependencies.

Craig

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:51:33 -0700, Martin Cooper <mfncooper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:00:12 -0400, Shapira, Yoav <yoav.shapira@mpi.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > >If jakarta-commons and jakarta-commons-sandbox decide to abandon Ant
> > >based builds, then you're going to need someone else to volunteer to
> > >run the nightly builds.  That may not be a bad thing on its own merits
> > >(it should really be running on supported Apache hardware instead of
> > >my Linux desktop), but I'm not going to have time to deal with the
> > >intricacies of Maven for this particular purpose.
> >
> > Should we start a new discussion thread on getting commons projects
> > built nightly via Gump @brutus.apache.org?
>
> They are already built more often than that by Gump. The issue,
> though, is that Gump on brutus builds the latest of everything against
> the latest of everything else. It even builds Ant from scratch. For
> the nightly builds, we'd want to build the latest Commons components
> against the latest Commons components, certainly, but we'd want to
> have a bit more control, I think, over which versions of everything
> else Gump uses (rather than builds).
>
> AFAIK, it's possible to set up a Gump configuration that uses specific
> versions of dependencies (although that's not really what Gump is
> for). Perhaps that's what you're referring to, in which case I think
> this could be a viable solution. Someone would need to take that up
> with the Gump team, and someone(s) here would need to take care of
> putting the necessary descriptors together.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
>

> > Yoav
> >

> > This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication,
and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail