commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Please make a RC2 release of Commons Configuration soon
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:32:13 GMT
Ben Hutchison <ben_hutchison@yahoo.com> writes:

>Its has been a long while since the RC1 release of commons configuration
>and there have been some pretty significant bug fixes that Ive reported
>made since then.

rc2 _is_ available from ibiblio. It just took a few hours to propagate
from the apache site to ibiblio.

>Furthermore, the site is displaying docs saying they're based on the
>"Sept 24 RC2 release", but the same site says that the current release
>is RC1.

Typo. I'll fix this. We all are just humans.

>Ive got application code distributed over several machines that depends
>on fixes made since RC1. Currently Im having to build from CVS and
>manually distribute a JAR version.

Well, who of us does not have code that depends on other code?

>Please get another release out and into Ibiblio ASAP.

If you are so dependent on non-released code, you should build your
own copies and keep them in a local repository. It is pretty simple to
do this and I think that you are able to do so.

>PS One of my previous issue reports was a ClassCastException caused by
>casting an object to String, which should have been String.valueOf().

>I noticed the fix was made in 3 places, but is still missing on line 412
>of XMLConfiguration.

I've put a change in.

	Regards
		Henning