commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] DELIMITER in AbstractConfiguration
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:50:10 GMT
=?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_Schaible?= <Joerg.Schaible@Elsag-Solutions.com> writes:

>Emmanuel Bourg wrote on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:53 PM:

>> I tried to make the delimiter non static but found a problem:
>> you can't
>> change the delimiter for a PropertiesConfiguration if you specify the
>> file in the constructor, because the file is parsed before you get a
>> chance to change the delimiter. You have to create the configuration,
>> set the delimiter, and then load the file.

>Why not add an additional ctor with the delimiter as param?

For 1.1-dev please. Or do you have an urgent need that you must scratch?

Personally, I stopped trying to cram everything into the C'tor. You
might end up with a dozen c'tors permutating parameters all over the
place. While I'm not yet convinced of IoC, one of their pattern
(construct the element, then call setters on it to put all the
information into the new object) really proved to be code reducing.

IMHO, the loading and parsing of the internal data should (and can) be
deferred until the first property is accessed. This is not too hard to
do but I want to keep this post-1.0.

As Eric said, we're already at 1.0-RC level.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"