commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Loading and Saving
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:14:25 GMT
"Eric Pugh" <epugh@upstate.com> writes:

>That page is pretty cool!  Any idea how to get the list of who the
>dependencies are on, both direct and indirect?

Haven't found it when looking at it for five minutes. We might simply
ask the Gump people.

>I would rather go with a property that controls the behavior of throwing
>exceptions versus null.  Especially if the plan is to change in the next
>version to always throwing Exceptions..   I can see a bit of confusion if we
>double the number of methods..   Do I use getBoolean or fetchBoolean?  And
>getBoolean/getBooleanThrowExceptionIfMissing seems silly as well!

Yep. Actually, this decorator idea from the Bugzilla thread starts to
look better and better. Because we could have our cake (keep the old
semantics) and eat it too (use a decorator to throw an exception if
return value is null).

>And, I definitly agree w/ Henning on the "no promises beyond Configuration
>interface".   In fact, maybe we want to add a note on the homepage about
>it...

>I think it all boils down to, lets see who does what, and that is the path
>we take.   How about we cut RC2 late next week?  That gives a deadline for
>the various ideas floating about?  I'll volunteer to do it next Thursday if
>that sounds good.

>That way we can look at a 1.0 in 2 weeks, and then Henning can cut
>turbine-2.3.1 and I can think about cutting turbine-2.4-M2.

+1 Getting 2.3.1 out of the door before OSCOM would be good. :-) I'd
very much like to get a c-c RC2 ASAP. I will also try to hold Scott from
releasing Torque 3.1.1 before we have c-c 1.0.

	Regards
		Henning