commons-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <antonio.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration]Problems with XMLConfiguration
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 05:57:54 GMT
Maybe this belongs more to -user than to -dev, but please forgive me
as this started here.

> > 1.- Is it possible to have two properties at the same point? How?

> I don't think it's possible.

> > Otherwise, is there a point for getList with JNDI?

> A List could be directly stored in the repository.

How?

IIRC, only simple types can be configured, at least in Tomcat.

> Parsing the keys of the "conf" subset could be a solution but it's still
> complicated. This may be easier once we refactor the code for
> hierarchical configurations around the version 2.0.

Yes, or maybe adding a list of names in the configuration (as multiple
properties in XML or a single comma-separated property in JNDI).

> I'm not convinced [configuration] is the right tool for complex
> configurations, I tend to prefer [digester] in these cases.

What about JNDI and mixing configuration sources? Does [digester] support those?

Thank you very much,

Antonio Fiol