commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/jexl/xdocs/reference syntax.xml
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:30:20 GMT
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:15:50 +0200, Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dion,
>
> Just one question: How is it possible to support at the same time
> variables in ant-style and the syntax to access properties

Properties will get precedence.

> How do I make the difference between a variable named x.y and a
> variable x with a getter getY() ??

There is none. The property will win.

> I had a problem with this in Maven plugins. I had a bug because I used
> a dotted variable name. Is there a difference between variables names
> and properties names ?

No....

The problem you had was with the empty function and dotted variables.
This has very recently been fixed in JEXL, and not yet incorporated
into Jelly. Once JEXL is released, and Jelly picks up that, your
original code will work as you expected.