commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Heuer <heue...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Port commons-collections to generics under 1.5
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:59:14 GMT
Hello Chris,

I feel it would be best to implement collections + generics as a project
in the commonds sandbox.  That way we get cvs, bugzilla, gump,
ibiblio/maven mirror, etc. support and lots of interested eyeballs on the
commons mailing list.  But we would need an apache committer.

Without an apache committer, we would probably have to go with a
SourceForge project and then try to migrate it back into commons at some
later point.  Would that have to go through the Incubator?

For what it's worth, I also want to point out the Java Generic Algorithms
project (LGPL), which does not have collections implementations, but does
have functors well covered, see

> http://jga.sourceforge.net

   michael