commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] Loading and Saving
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:17:24 GMT
That page is pretty cool!  Any idea how to get the list of who the
dependencies are on, both direct and indirect?

I would rather go with a property that controls the behavior of throwing
exceptions versus null.  Especially if the plan is to change in the next
version to always throwing Exceptions..   I can see a bit of confusion if we
double the number of methods..   Do I use getBoolean or fetchBoolean?  And
getBoolean/getBooleanThrowExceptionIfMissing seems silly as well!

And, I definitly agree w/ Henning on the "no promises beyond Configuration
interface".   In fact, maybe we want to add a note on the homepage about
it...

I think it all boils down to, lets see who does what, and that is the path
we take.   How about we cut RC2 late next week?  That gives a deadline for
the various ideas floating about?  I'll volunteer to do it next Thursday if
that sounds good.

That way we can look at a 1.0 in 2 weeks, and then Henning can cut
turbine-2.3.1 and I can think about cutting turbine-2.4-M2.

Eric