commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] Refactoring for file based configurations
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:50:29 GMT
+1  I like everything.  I agree, last change pre 1.0!  If I can't check in
my FilterConfiguration, you can't check in your "some cool feature" :-).

My only question, and maybe this is a just a nitpick..  Why move this locate
method into ConfigurationUtils?  Do you foresee it used by lots of different
Configurations beyond those extending abstractfileConfiguration?  I could
see it just living in AbstractFileConfiguration...  On the other hand, if it
really is a nice generice "find me a file" method, then I can see it being
quite useful, and, post 1.0, you may want to see if the FileUtils could use
this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/apidocs/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils
.html

At any rate, let's commit the darn thing and move onto the next RC!

Eric Pugh