commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject [general] Do we need to support Ant based builds?
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:42:03 GMT
Subject says it all.  For configuration we use Maven to perform the build..
And frequently we get questions from people using the Ant based build, which
we seem to be pathologically incapable of keeping up to date...

I am trying to go come up with solutions like:
1) Rebuild the ant build.xml as part of the normal build process
2) Do funky logic to detect if the ant build.xml is out of date w/ the maven
process

However, if we could just say "use Maven" then things would be much simpler.
While I don't want to come across as a Maven zealot or providing bad
customer service to all the Ant users, having the two build systems leads to
lots of problems for Ant users...

Eric Pugh