commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: jelly-tags/commons-jelly-tags-swing failed
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:09:16 GMT

Le 8 sept. 04, à 08:39, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
>> This does seem a bit of a limitation for Gump.
> Not really.  Just ssh in to a Unix box and try to run your tests.
> Large parts of AWT simply require a graphical environment to be
> around, be that GDI on Windows or X on most Unixes.

... not in "ssh -X"... (the default often)

Another way to make a graphical resource available (it's not that we
look at it, btw!) on a Unix java displaying X11 is to use Xvnc which is
a virtual X-server for use by remote connectors... that makes
everything of X that I know of (you generally end-up with TWM which is
awful but economic).
The output of this is generally the name of the server which is to be
set as the DISPLAY variable...

I could dig for the exact commands.

paul