commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: CSV submission for jakarta-commons
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:58:12 GMT
Hi,

I've taken a small look and found the following:
- your test-cases should be in a separate directory and named "TestXXX"
- inserting this into codec at the appropriate place, renaming, and
building does build the tests fine. Maybe you could re-post (say, on a
private URL), a version where that is fixed.
- running maven site (you need to check-out commons-build as well) does
show some checkstyle lacks in your code (quite small). Alternatively,
run "maven checkstyle", then "maven xdoc".
- you seem to be missing a package.html.
- the javadoc of CSVParser could be somewhat richer, e.g. with example
usage. From it, I seem to be able to make a jelly tag-lib, I think
(which is my interest)
- you have a writeRecord(String[]) but the reading doesn't handle
arrays, why not having a writeCol(String) as well ?
- your link to "Creativyst" doesn't go "_top"

However, I am not a Codec developer so I believe you should expect
someone of the developers to evaluate this more.

paul