commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gray, Andrew (ITDA)" <andrew.g...@DEFRA.GSI.GOV.UK>
Subject RE: [MATH] Matrix indices
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:44:06 GMT
ditto below -
+1 for Zero based indices.

Principle of Least Astonishment and all that..

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:scolebourne@btopenworld.com]
Sent: 02 September 2004 08:42
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [MATH] Matrix indices

From: "Al Chou" <hotfusionman@yahoo.com>
> > 1) Change the RealMatrix getEntry, getRow, getColumn methods to use
> > 0-based indexing.

FWIW, if I were using this class, I would expect it to be 0-based.

I can't comment on the other points as I don't hav the maths background. (If
I needed one, I would probably search for it or ask, thus the name is less
interesting to me)

Sorry for the late input.

Stephen

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. Its
unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have
received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender. Whilst this
email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses
whilst within Defra systems we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems. Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored
and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.