commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo Sebastián Marco <e.sebast...@dimension-informatica.es>
Subject RE: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:14:18 GMT
I think it should be necessary to have a vote, but I don't think like Gary does. I think the
matter here is not whether we support opensource or not... Of course we do! I think the matter
here is excelence. And in my opinion, if there's something actually better and it's avalaible,
why not? Is that or getting involved on the lesser tool to make it better.

Eduardo.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Gary Gregory [mailto:ggregory@seagullsoftware.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 03 de septiembre de 2004 1:59
Para: Jakarta Commons Developers List; Dion Gillard
Asunto: RE: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA

On principle, I am not in favor of moving /away/ from Bugzilla, an open-source project, to
Jira, a non-open-source project. It feels to me that this would send a negative message, as
in: we are not supporting the open-source community.

OTOH, this is software evolution at work.

I have heard good things about JIRA, but not used it much beyond filing a couple of tickets
vs. Maven.

Gary