commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:24:22 GMT

Hola,

>Jira would also allow us to administer our own components and not have
>ask infrastructure to add new version id's for component X etc.

Many of us have that ability now: you just need to ask infrastructure
for karma so you get the "edit components" link when you login to
Bugzilla.  For example, they haven't had to do any Tomcat component
management for a long time, even though Tomcat has many sub-components
and many versions, we take care of it ourselves and it's nearly zero
effort.

Yoav