commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:15:44 GMT
I'd also be +1 but I am a bit bothered by the political impact of
depending on a commercial product as strong open-source veteran.
Currently +0.

If Bugzilla skins would exist (they are possible) and be used and
usable, I think such discussion would be way more futile.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen any.

As of Scarab, I still haven't managed to get a demo-account to be
opened for me on any demo-server... which is not a really good sign, I
feel.

paul

PS: the bugzilla/jira opposition is a real feel for "open-source can't
do GUIs" wich is really something a bit too widespread.
PPS: I haven't done it but you can export all Bugzilla bugs of one
product and only keep the ones for a given component, leaving quiet the
bugzilla ones... so the need for a complete migration isn't really
there except it takes more time to migrate a single component.