commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <tobr...@discursive.com>
Subject RE: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 20:07:18 GMT
Henri,

When commons moves to Jira, I would also recommend a project per component strategy.  commons-digester,
commons-betwixt, etc.  This would make release management much easier.

Tim O'Brien

From: Serge Knystautas
Sent: Fri 9/3/2004 12:57 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: Moving from Bugzilla to JIRA

Henri Yandell wrote:
> The following is an example of a Commons like project in Jira. I encourage
> anyone who's not used Jira to go have a look at this link and get a feel
> for how easy it is to use, compared to the mess that is our bugzilla
> installation.
>
> http://issues.osjava.org:8080/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10010
>
> As I have modelled each Commons-like component as a Component in Jira,
> it's hard to know how many there actually are. You also can't have
> separate versions for different components.

Henri,

We would not map Jakarta Commons this way.  Every JIRA project is a
piece of code that is releasable, because as you suggest, a project has
its own versions, components, changelog, and roadmap.

Look at some of the Avalon/Merlin breakdowns to see how they each have
their own JIRA project to get a feel for how this works.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501