commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kim van der Linde <...@kimvdlinde.com>
Subject Re: [math] API changes for RC2
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:12:21 GMT
Al,

> Thanks for your remarks.  I don't have enough background in statistical
> analysis of data to envision how these operations are performed or what they
> mean, but I'm glad to hear about real world usage.

In general I can say that the way we use multivariate and all kind of
more complex methods is that we want to be able to determine every part
of the analysis, as the number of data manipulations prior to the
actuall analysis can vary dramatically. And that is why I am so stong in
favour of treating bias and DOF control as an aspect of the statistics,
not as a seperate statistics.

Cheers,

Kim

--