commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambrou <m...@chrislambrou.com>
Subject Re: Port commons-collections to generics under 1.5
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:28:48 GMT
Thanks for offering to help, Michael.  Stephen suggested we start by
converting the collections interfaces to use generics, and cleaning up a
few issues relating to backwards compatibility on the way.  I've done
this, and in the first instance the interfaces could really do with some
proper scrutiny before anyone goes too far with converting the
implementations.  As neither of us are committers, and it's unfair and
unworkable to rely on Stephen to act as a CVS proxy, we need to sort out
an alternative version control system.  I'm open to any suggestions.

Since generifying the Transformer, Predicate, Closure and Factory
interfaces was straightforward and doesn't really warrant any additional
scrutiny, I've already gone ahead and converted the functors and
comparators sub-packages, complete with successful unit tests.  I'll
send all of this to you (Michael) in a separate email.  If anyone else
wants to have a gander at it all, just drop me an email - again,
suggestions for a VCS solution are welcomed.

Chris