commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [math] API changes for RC2
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:09:14 GMT
Kim van der Linde wrote:

> Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> These are new feature requests that came in after RC1 was cut and they
>> can be accomodated in 1.1 without breaking backward compatability. I
>> see no reason to hold the release for this.
>

> I have requested these weeks before the RC1 was cut.

Uh...no.  The comment above was about the additional matrix methods that
you suggested on 8/27 after you had (ironically) voted +1 on 8/23 to
release the RC1 candidate that was cut for review on 8/15, with vote
thread kicked off on 8/21.  You subsequently changed your vote during the
release vote.

The important point is that these things can easily be added in 1.1 and it
is better for us to get the release out rather than keep adding features.

Phil