commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambrou <m...@chrislambrou.com>
Subject CVS access configuration problems
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 08:17:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up CVS access to the Jakarta modules.  I'm
trying to configure WinCVS as my CVS client, and I've followed the
instructions shown at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html. All
appears to go well - the client successfully connects to the CVS
repository using the suggested connection command

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login

but when I try to search for modules to check out, I can only see the
following:

apache-1.3
apache-1.3-sourceonly
apachetest-alias
htdocs-1.3
httpd-docs-1.3
httpd-docs-2.0
modperl-2.0
modperl-docs-alias
world

I was hoping to see a lot of Jakarta modules in there, but there's
nothing related to Jakarta in the list. Am I doing something stupid
here? Is the Jakarta stuff actually hosted on cvs.apache.org or do I
need to connect to a different host (e.g. cvs.jakarta.apache.org)? A
little help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I'm
relatively new to the world of CVS.

Chris