commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Release Math 1.0
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:36:41 GMT
There were not enough +1 votes to proceed with the release. Bug fixes were
also applied during the vote.  Therefore, we cannot proceed with the
release at this time.

Three issues were reported with the release package:

1) Extraneous files (forgot to do clean co before release build - my bad)
2) Failing tests for French locale (pr #31325 - fixed in CVS)
3) Integer values not handled correctly by Frequency class (fixed in CVS)

The vote thread also included discussion of repackaging and/or API changes.

At this point, we can

a) Cut a clean release candidate including the fixes applied during the
vote and restart the release vote

b) Cut an RC2 based on current CVS, vote on releasing this as a test
release, similar to RC1.  Follow with a 1.0 vote two weeks later.

c) Reopen discussion of API changes, agree on release plan, bundle changes
into RC2, then do b).

My preference would be a); but if others have reservations, I am open to
the other options as well. I would appreciate it if committers and other
interested parties would weigh in with their opinions. Thanks in advance.

Phil